product compliance specialist
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN AMBITIOUS, CURIOUS AND HIGHLY STRUCTURED PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PRODUCT COMPLIANCE, WHO CAN BE INVOLVED IN DESIGNING PRODUCTS IN RELATION TO STANDARDS AND TESTS FOR TOY AND FOOD CONTACT MATERIALS IN THE EU AND LATER IN THE USA.
The position requires that you, in collaboration with the design team, can ensure and implement systematic security for information about product compliance, to customers as well as internally in Liewood. You must also, in collaboration with the purchasing department, prepare test plans for products, both stock items (batch control) and collection samples, to ensure the standard is complied with by suppliers and partners.
You understand the importance of proper document management as well as good communication both internally in Liewood and in dialogue with authorities and various stakeholders.
You will be working from the LIEWOOD head office in Copenhagen and report to the Director of Buying and Production.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design of standard inspection and production requirements in relation to categories (toys etc.) with inspection manual as output, and ensure compliance with these
- Regularly monitor / check for updates and developments in the regulatory basis for tests etc. Specifically at EU level
- Ensure compliance with document requirements, updating of compliance documents and if necessary preparing new ones
- Maintaining GOT certification and in the future FSC
- Risk assessment on orders
- Define the policy for inspections - security with 3rd parties for timely inspection and handling of deviations
- Inspection - contact with suppliers and planning of inspections, as well as preparation of documents
- Coordination with various partners - enter into dialogue with authorities (Environment & Food and Safety Agency), as well as handling annual inspection visits
- Input to CSR strategy for Liewood
- Risk assessment of suppliers and various focus areas
- Proactive activation of CSR requirements at suppliers, possibly with travel activity after Covid-19.
- Maintenance of overview for expiration of certifications
- Ensure proper handling of supplier brands (rights, advertising considerations, etc.)
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably as a technician, engineer or purchaser
- Experience from similar positions, with heavy insight into or experience from toy production and / or food contact
- Experience in being part of the design and production process
- Experience with GOT and FSC certification
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills
- Experience working with various authorities and stakeholders
- curious as a person and are constantly looking for new understanding and insight
- very structured and detail-oriented
- proficient in communicating both orally and in writing in Danish and English
- A team player yet with an independent working style
LIEWOOD is an international kids' lifestyle brand designing and producing accessories, interior and selected clothing for babies and children. LIEWOOD products are created with a sustainable mindset - from design and functionality to carefully selected materials such as organic cotton, recycled polyester, wood, and silicone, following the highest quality standards.
LIEWOOD is a dynamic, design-driven, and highly commercial company in rapid growth - founded in 2015 by Anne Marie Lie Norvig with the desire and commitment to create a unique kid's lifestyle brand focusing on functionality, esthetics, and sustainability. LIEWOOD is based in Copenhagen, and our universe is deeply rooted in the Nordic design tradition.
How to Apply
The position is to be filled as soon as possible. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mark your application ‘Product Compliance Specialist’
- For questions regarding the position, please contact Claudio Ammendola, Director of Buying, Sourcing and Production on email@example.com