WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED PACKAGING DESIGNER TO JOIN OUR BUYING & PRODUCTION TEAM. YOU WILL BE A PART OF A FAST-GROWING GLOBAL BRAND, AND A DYNAMIC TEAM POWERED BY AMBITION, PASSION FOR DESIGN AND STRONG BUSINESS ACUMEN.
In this role, you will lead the developments of innovative and cost-efficient packaging designs for our products. As a packaging designer you will work to develop functional, eye-catching packaging designs that resonate with our target market/s and comply with health and safety regulations. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day project management of packaging design as well as production of final art. You will secure an efficient process for the packaging design and production and constantly drive developments to packaging design, function, and materials – with a sustainable mind-set.
You will be working from the LIEWOOD head office in Copenhagen and report to the Director of Buying and Production.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting with the design and marketing teams to discuss packaging specifications and confirm budgets
- Evaluating market trends and analyzing similar packaging designs
- Brainstorming packaging ideas using hand sketches, verbal cues, words, and design software
- Ensuring packaging designs accurately represent the company’s brand and ethos
- Selecting functional ideas and creating packaging mock-ups
- Identifying suitable packaging materials and conducting feasibility studies
- Collaborating with graphic designers and copywriters to finalize packaging text and graphics
- Completing final mock-up designs using computer modeling software
- Presenting final designs to stakeholders and company managers
- Project management of the packaging process and its stakeholders (internal & external)
- There will be possibility to grow and to potentially lead your own team
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, graphic design, art, or a similar field
- Proven experience working as a packaging designer
- Natural talent for design and a keen eye for detail
- Familiarity with various packaging materials – preferably with a sustainable profile
- Knowledge of consumer packaging health and safety regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills
- Marketing experience would be preferable
- A commercial mindset and the ability to analyse market trends and convert insights into strong performing packaging design
- A team player yet with an independent working style
- Customer centric at heart and always strive to deliver innovative designs
- Proficient with 3D design software including CAD or AutoCAD
- Data driven (analytic) in support of packaging development
- Digital savvy and have solid experience with digital workflows, systems, and services
LIEWOOD is an international kids' lifestyle brand designing and producing accessories, interior and selected clothing for babies and children. LIEWOOD products are created with a sustainable mindset - from design and functionality to carefully selected materials such as organic cotton, recycled polyester, wood, and silicone, following the highest quality standards.
LIEWOOD is a dynamic, design-driven, and highly commercial company in rapid growth - founded in 2015 by Anne Marie Lie Norvig with the desire and commitment to create a unique kid's lifestyle brand focusing on functionality, esthetics, and sustainability. LIEWOOD is based in Copenhagen, and our universe is deeply rooted in the Nordic design tradition.
How to Apply
The position is to be filled as soon as possible. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis.
- • Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Please mark your application ‘Packaging designer’
- • For questions regarding the position, please contact Marie Widmark Dyhr Head of Marketing & PR on email@example.com