WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED AND COMMERCIAL LEGAL ADVISOR TO JOIN OUR FINANCE TEAM.
You will be the overall responsible for all legal issues and work as a legal business partner when advising the organization in different matters. The working day is characterized by high speed – but also largely by flexibility, much variability, and many ongoing projects.
You will be a part of a fast-growing global brand, and a dynamic team powered by ambition, passion for design and strong business acumen.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help to ensure that the organization is always up to date on current and new legislation
- Legal advice and negotiations in connection with the conclusion of a wide number of different commercial contract types
- Identify and communicate risks to the Executive Board
- Bank and financing agreements
- National and International cooperation with local lawyers and legal counsels
- Legal adviser with a commercial mindset to the entire organization, from top management to local management of subsidiaries and stakeholders across the different departments
- Advise colleagues in the business on everything from a simple contract over marketing in relation to legislation to GDPR rules - both in writing and orally
- Handle specific legal issues - both internal and customer matters
- Participate in cross-organizational projects
- Ensures that new strategic initiatives are assessed from a legal point of view
- Responsible for securing the company's IP strategy with external lawyer connection
- Responsible for handling IP violations
- Responsible for GDPR
Does this sound like you?
- Able to contribute with a solid professional ballast, just as you are a competent generalist with experience performing some of the tasks mentioned above
- Eager to understand the business to provide commercially oriented legal advice
- Comfortable working independently and taking responsibility for ensuring the solution is taken to completion.
- Able to convey complex legal material so that it makes sense for non-lawyers
- Fluent in English and Danish, both written and spoken on business level
- Analytical, results-oriented and able to work independently within your field and always keep important deadlines
- A theoretical education as a Master of Law or a Master of Business Law, and perhaps a license to practice law.
- Strong experience working with a wide range of legal tasks
- Several years’ experience from a law firm, preferably combined with a secondment or direct experience from an international in-house legal function
- A great desire to help others and be able to act as a proactive and solution-oriented partner
- An understanding of the need for a pragmatic approach to legal issues
You will be working from the LIEWOOD head office in Copenhagen and report to the CFO.
LIEWOOD is an international kids' lifestyle brand designing and producing accessories, interior and selected clothing for babies and children. LIEWOOD products are created with a sustainable mindset - from design and functionality to carefully selected materials such as organic cotton, recycled polyester, wood and silicone, following the highest quality standards.
LIEWOOD is a dynamic, design-driven, and highly commercial company in rapid growth - founded in 2015 by Anne Marie Lie Norvig with the desire and commitment to create a unique kid's lifestyle brand focusing on functionality, esthetics, and sustainability. LIEWOOD is based in Copenhagen, and our universe is deeply rooted in the Nordic design tradition.